Utilita

Secure House
Moorside Road
Winchester
S023 7RX

Contact Information

General Information

As the leading provider of prepayment Gas and Electricity in the UK, Utilita aim to offer a fairer deal to lower income and energy conscious households through the use of modern smart meters. The first energy supplier to model itself on the needs of prepayment customers, Utilita is focused on maintaining competitive tariffs and developing user friendly ways to pay-as-you-go.

Selling points

• £10 ‘Emergency’ and ‘Friendly Credit’ when you need it
  • Competitive Prices
  • Easy Remote Top-Ups for your convenience
  • Free and Easy to Use Smart Meters with every aspect of their service explained in a simple and user friendly way
  • UK based Call Centre with a friendly Customer Services Team

Supplier services

• Domestic Dual Fuel
  • Domestic Electricity Only

Packages on offer

Smart Energy

A prepayment tariff, which provides competitive gas and electricity prices for all prepayment customers. This includes the free installation of easy to use smart meters, convenient remote top-ups and ‘Friendly’ and ‘Emergency Credit’ when you need it.

Energy Saver

For customers who prefer to be billed monthly for their gas and electricity usage and pay via Direct Debit. This is a mid-ranged tariff but is their cheapest non-prepayment option. It does not include smart metering technology.

Standard

This is a basic rate tariff for gas and electricity and is their most expensive tariff. It is billed monthly with cash or cheque payments and does not include smart metering technology.

Ways to pay your bill

• Pay-As-You-Go
  • Direct Debit
  • Cash/Cheque
Fuel Mix Information – Where Electricity Comes From
Coal % Natural Gas % Nuclear % Renewable % Other % CO2 emissions per kg/kWh Radioactive Waste per g/kWh
Awaiting Information

13 Responses to “Utilita”

1. Lisa Taylor says:

i haveing problems topping up my gas it wont let me to do and it wony except the codes im putting in

2. Carl Waters says:

I am writing this email to u as i need my meter turned back on i have been on the phone waiting about 1 and a half and still no reply from you my meter has electric on it i have a 6 month old baby and i have had to throw my food away can someone contact me on 07549021864 thanks
    My meter turned off as the emergancy run out but has been put back on please .asap

• karen says:

Hi, if u take the battery out of freedom box an leave for 20 mins, put them back in and wait for a few seconds. Then on the main unit press and hold the 0 for 15 seconds it should make a click sound and will then turn on. Hope this helps

3. Janet Wilmot says:

Not very happy with this company, very difficult to communicate with.

4. Jason Palmer says:

I think Utilita are fantastic. £20 for two weeks electricity? Hello? No fiddly keys to worry about; it’s a card. Your credit is sent by text to your meter, £10 emergency and no way you’ll be cut off if you run out of credit between 4pm and 10 am the next day. Or, 4pm Friday night till 10am Monday morning. Or, if it’s a bank holiday, 10am TUESDAY morning! You will have to pay this back though. I’ve definitely noticed the difference in my outgoings with Utilita. Around £2 – £3 a fortnight. I love ‘em. That is all.

5. Miss Gillian Brown says:

My gas meter is not working I cant cook a meal or have heating on. I have small children in my house that are cold, tried to call but get told no one is there till Monday I think that is wrong.

6. Natalie Hanslip says:

I have one of your freedom units installed, I noticed that it says the wrong time I was wondering how to change the time on the unit I only found it out when the low credit alarm went off at 10.30pm and it says it won’t go off between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Please could someone help me.

7. Shabbir Mussa says:

Please post details of joining with your company as soon as possible thank you.

8. noureen says:

This company is a joke
    I’ve been waiting over 6months for a meter and every time I ring they make a new excuse.

9. peter bolton says:

On the 30th April phoned to get help with an ongoing problem and the unprofessional response was rude and upset me. I wish for this problem with both my meters to be sorted with prompt and swift action.

10. karen taylor says:

I joined 3months ago, I’ve heard nothing from utilita, my electric card was cancelled with my old supplier, I phoned utilita now I’m with eon? I don’t even know how that’s possible.. how can I be with a company I never even signed up to?