Scottish Hydro Electric

Scottish Hydro-Electric
PO Box 7506
Perth
PH1 3QR

Contact Information

General Information

Scottish Hydro-Electric is part of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group (SSE), and supplies 430,000 of SSE’s 5 million customer base.

Selling points

• Benefit from low cost energy and excellent customer service.
  • Collect Air Miles and Argos points with your energy use.
  • Take up the RSPB energy plan – claimed to be the most environmentally friendly energy plan available.
  • Savings for direct debit customers.

Supplier services

• Dual Fuel
  • Green
  • Economy 7

Packages on offer

Electricity Domestic Standard

Standard electricity, where units are charged at the same rate, regardless of the time they are used.

Electricity Economy

This package is suitable for households where over 15% of electricity is used at night, as units are charged at a cheaper rate during the night-time.

Gas Standard

Standard gas, where units are charged at the same rate, regardless of the time they are used.

Nil service charge

For those who wish to pay only for units they have actually used.

Ways to pay your bill

• Cash
  • Cheque
  • Direct Debit
  • Postal Order

Special Services

EEnergyplus Air Miles and Energyplus Argos are packages available that allow customers to collect Argos points and Air Miles every time they pay their bill.

Fuel Mix Information – Where Electricity Comes From
Coal % Natural Gas % Nuclear % Renewable % Other % CO2 emissions per kg/kWh Radioactive Waste per g/kWh
29.5 57.3 4.1 7.5 1.6 - -

45 Responses to “Scottish Hydro Electric”

1. James P Hogg says:

I currently live with my parents and over the last 4 weeks I myself have put in to our key meter over £150 which we have used in that period which I find is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

2. Matthew Devine says:

Engineer (Mark) inspected my 3 year old boiler recently prior to start of my ‘boiler breakdown cover’. Did an excellent job and with no mess or fuss. A credit to the company!

3. Helen Back says:

We have had a key meter for a month now and have used £292 not bad considering we were £90 a month for the last 2 years and they say there is not a mistake!!!! We are onto our 3rd key and second visit from staff to find out if there is a problem – there is we are with hydro.

4. Finlay Maclennan says:

Boiler service contract worthless. Condemned 11 year boiler. Said part not available. Left no paperwork. Took two letters over two months to elicit paperwork.

5. Stephen Doherty says:

Is it your company policy to send your salespeople round doors, telling customers of other providers that they are now with scottish hydro? This is a cynical practice and is very disconcerting to older people, who might believe their lies, I would like you to retrain your sales staff.

6. Robert Wood says:

We were in a house for less than a month, dual fuel cost us £270.00. I ‘m still repaying it almost 2 years on. Never again.

7. Kenny says:

Contacted 4 major companies for a quote for a decent sized business account. 3 came back to me within an hour. 5 days later I’m still waiting for Scottish & Southern. They must have enough money!

8. Daniel Ogilvy says:

I switched to hydro ‘cos scottish power were just so bad. so far so good and I am just hoping it will continue to be good.

9. J says:

52 pound to change to dry meter!!!!!!!

10. Chris says:

How much does Hydro cost per unit of electricity? can someone please let me know. On a key meter and its costing at least £35 per week for a one bedroom flat, they tell me that this is normal.