Atlantic Electric and Gas

• Meterline 0800 107 3205
  • Careline 0800 622 838
  • Textline 0800 622 839
  • Energyline 0845 777 6633
  • Email customerservice@atlanticeg.co.uk

General Information

Atlantic Electric and Gas is part of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group (SSE) and has been operating for about 5 years. Based in Gloucester, it supplies both Gas and Electricity to 300,000 customers and, along with its other brands, serves over 6 million customers across the UK.

Selling points

• Aim to be cheaper than British Gas for gas and cheaper than your local electricity supplier for electricity.
  • Offer an e-billing service, allowing you to manage bills and submit meter readings online.
  • One month’s free energy for customers who sign up to Atlantic online and opt to pay by direct debit.

Supplier services

• Dual Fuel
  • Economy 7

Packages on offer

Electricity Domestic Standard

Domestic Standard is designed for homes where little electricity is used during the night.

Electricity Economy

Economy discounts the electricity price for 7 hours each night and is therefore suitable for homes that use over 15% of their consumption at night.

Gas Standard

Suitable for all homes with mains gas, there is a Service Charge calculated per day, and a unit rate

Nil Service Charge

This is for people who only wish to pay for the units they have actually used. The rates are organised into primary, secondary and follow-on rates.

Ways to pay your bill

• Direct Debit
  • Phone banking
  • Phone (0845 073 3030) by debit card.
  • By post.
  • By cheque or cash at any branch of your own bank or a NatWest Bank; this is free. If you use a different bank you may have to pay a fee.
  • In shops with PayPoint.
  • At a post office (cash only) where you will have to pay their fee.

Special services

Home energy care register – register for elderly, sick and disabled customers who have specific energy needs. This enables use of the following:

• Priority Service Register which you can join to receive Careline services
  • Careline: 0800 622 838
  • Freephone Textline: 0800 622 839 for those with hearing or speech difficulties
  • Large print or Braille bills for blind or partially sighted customers
  • Talking Bills – bills read over the phone for those who have trouble reading or seeing.
  • Bill sent to friend or relative
  • Notification in the event of a power cut if you rely on your supply for medical equipment
  • Information on special appliances or adapters and controls to help you with your appliances
  • Warmth without worry – advice on keeping warm on a low budget
Fuel Mix Information – Where Electricity Comes From
Coal % Natural Gas % Nuclear % Renewable % Other % CO2 emissions per kg/kWh Radioactive Waste per g/kWh
29.5 57.3 4.1 7.5 1.6 - -

105 Responses to “Atlantic Electric and Gas”

1. Jack Bennett says:

Have used them for a few years and no issues, can’t understand why others have problems. Is it the competitors like B.G. who are the pit’s with their telephone calls asking us to switch to them leaving these comments!! Each time I have called Atlantic I get a person and no waiting, who else can say that.

2. j jackson says:

I have recently joined and atlantic are a pretty amazing company had no issues and they have helped me with meter issues within 24hrs of joining them highly recommended and they are much more reasonable than other companies.

3. derek says:

Thanks all you people for stopping me making a terrible mistake and signing up.

4. joy.stanton@talk21.com says:

Left because of difficulty budgeting. In the course of one quarter they, reduced my monthly payments, gave me a loyalty reward in three figures and asked for one off payment of £600 to catch up with unpaid amount.
    Am still having trouble sorting out my final payment, three months after stopping supply. Keep being told it is “just one of these things..you know”

5. David Jackson says:

I am just leaving Atlantic for a fixed price deal, but I can say that Atlantic have always been OK and reasonably priced. The only thing I would complain at is their estimating process for direct debit amounts which is always wrong as it is not based upon a complete years energy consumption even when one is available. It drove me mad until having a large debit amount which I am paying off in the future – even that’s a bonus if you can manage it!

6. Ruth says:

Absolutely disgraceful service. They grossly overcharged me and admitted that they had, but said I would have to go to my bank to make an indemnity claim in order to get a refund. They were lying. That is rubbish and after a very angry response from me they made a refund directly to my bank account which is what they should have done in the first place. Not the first problem I have had in only 8 months.

7. Tony says:

Been with them just over 1 year, they keep assuming I’m someone else as well as me so send me two bills for two meters. Tried reasoning with them, kept paying my bills on time for my meter. Eventually got the bailiff letter for the phantom meter so decided to move to cheaper NPower. Now…Atlantic have blocked my move.
    Bureaucratic fools, sorry I ever joined them.

8. Kirk Grice says:

This company are ok no probs for us and they give us one months gas and electric money back every year some of these comments are garbage

9. p jordan says:

I want to know if I am getting the best deal you offer as I pay substantial amount of money per month as a pensioner.

10. Daniel says:

Got a bill for £421 and this is over four months so I’ve decided to go pay as you go not happy at all about this overpriced bill robbing gets.